Thursday, February 17, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday

This is my gg grandfather, John Palm's death record. John Palm was my great grandmother, Clara (Palm) Dyson's father.

Name: John Palm
Lived: 77 St. Marks Place in Brooklyn, NY
Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed: Widowed*
Wife: Betty
Date of Birth: blank
Age: 78 (which means he was born in 1859)
Occupation: Ice Dealer
Total time in occupation: 40 yrs
Birthplace: Sweden
How long in U.S: 50 yrs
How long in NYC: 50 yrs
Name of father: Per Plam (apparently Per is Peter in Swedish)
Birthplace: Sweden
Name of mother: Hannah
Birthplace: Sweden
Date of death: July 11th, 1937

I herrby certify that deceased was admitted to this institution on March 19th, 1936, that I last saw him alive on the 11th day of July 1937, about 8 A.M.
Cause of death: Arteriosclerotic heart disease, hypertension, and bronchiopneumonia (hard to read)

Buried: Evergreens Cemetery
Burial: July 13th, 1937

*The reason he was listed as widowed is because his first wife Emma, my gg grandmother and Clara's mother, died in 1898. He then married Betty, my step gg grandmother and Clara's step mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment