Thursday, February 3, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday

This is a photo of my gg grandfather Nicholas Lindner, who I spoke about last Thursday, and his wife and my gg grandmother Mary Nalewlaska on their wedding day in 1892 in NYC. Together they had my great grandmother Helen and her sister Cassie.

Mary arrived here in 1890 at the age of 19. After she married Nicholas, they moved to Queens and Nicholas owned a grocery store in the early 1900s for about 10 years. I found him on the city directory under Grocers.

Anyway, apparently Mary was a good cook, which is probably where my grandmother got her talent from. She died in 1948 in Queens.

Interesting fact: According to Mary's death certificate, she was born on July 23, 1871. Guess what? My grandmother was born on July 23, 1930. I find it interesting that my grandmother and gg grandmother were born the same day; that granddaughter and grandmother (Mary and my grandmother), had the same birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment