Thursday, March 22, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday: Alice O'brien's Death Certificate


This is a death certificate for my ggg grandmother Alice (Mullaly) O'brien. She's the mother of Henry F. O'brien, the one who got hit by a car and died of a fractured skull. She's also my paternal grandmother's great grandmother. Anyway, let's take a look at what the certificate says.

Name: Alice O'brien
Place of Death: 1743 Atlantic Ave (that's in Brooklyn, NY)
Died: Jan. 8, 1910
Age: 73
Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY
Character of premises: Private
Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed*
Occupation: Housekeeper
Father's Name: Martin Mullaly**
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Name: Winifred Staken**
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
How long in the US: Life
How long in NYC: Life

I hereby certify that I attended deceased from Nov. 1, 1909 to Jan 8, 1910, that I last saw her alive on the 8th day of Jan. 1910, that she died on the 8th day of Jan. 1910, about 11:00 PM, and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the cause of death was as follows:


Mitral Insufficiency .

Place of Burial: Holy Cross
Date of Burial: Jan. 11, 1910

No comments:

Post a Comment