Monday, January 17, 2011

Where to Start?

I found so many new relatives, that I don't know where to begin. So I guess I'll start with my paternal grandmother's side.

My ggg grandfather Morris Lesser had 6 children; 1 boy (my gg grandfather) and 5 girls. Esther Lesser (one of the 5 girls; 1866-1918), who I've been looking for, for years now, finally came up while searching familysearch.org. I found her, her husband, 4 out 8 children, and her parents (Morris and Dora) on the 1905 NY census living in the Bronx. (Unfortunately, ancestry.com doesn't have the 1905 census. I wish they did. So thank God for familysearch.org).

Anyway, she married Alexander Heine. Together they had 8 children; Joseph and Morris (twins; this is the 2nd or 3rd set of twins in my family), Alvin, Clara, Frances, Julia, Beatrice, Arthur (or Abraham; not sure of his name).

Frances married Herman Dober. Kids? Couldn't find any yet.
Julia married Isidore Bloom. Together they had 2 children; Alexander and Laurel.
Beatrice married Walter Dornhoefer. Kids? Couldn't find any yet.
Clara married William Appel (or Appell). Together they had Esther and I believe Francine.

And for the boys, I'm not sure if they married. So maybe they died young or decided not to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment