Sunday, June 14, 2009

Three Things: That You Have Learned Part 2

While visiting my (maternal) grandfather one Sunday, I asked him if I could go onto his computer to look at his notes that he had written.

Here are 3 things that I learned:

1. George Vaccaro had 2 wives, never divorced them, so he was a bigamist.
2. Mary Josephine Russo and her parents may have come through Castle Garden.
3. Natale Vaccaro's cousins in Brooklyn, NY were Baptists.

Here are another 3 things I learned:

1. Baby Anne Vaccaro died of measles.
2. Michele Boccamazzo's brother remained in Argentina.
3. Carmela DeCosmo's brother, Andrew, was a jailer of a prison in Italy and was killed fighting off bandits.

Here are another 3 things I learned:

1. Mary Josephine Russo's brother, Anthony, served in WWI in the American Army in France, where he was gassed and shell shocked. He recovered and volunteered for WWII and served in England.
2. Joseph Bocamazo painted landscapes and planned to go to art school in Washington D.C but couldn't do so.
3. Nicholas Lindner owned a grocery store and built dollhouses as a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment