Monday, April 21, 2014

Ancestry DNA Results



Last year, I took the Ancestry DNA test. Nothing really surprising came back. I knew I was mostly European and had Jewish ancestry in me. A few things did surprise me though. I have Iberian Peninsula in me, meaning I have Spain, Portuguese, Moroccan, French, or Algerian in me. I highly doubt I'm Algerian or Moroccan. The other thing that surprised was the percentages. I thought I'd have a lot of British in me, because of my last name and most of my grandfather's family is from England. Surprisingly, I had a lot of Irish in me. I knew there was a lot of Irish on my grandmother's side, but I never thought 18%. 

I'm mainly European West, meaning I'm really German. My parents both have German in them, so I'm not surprised by that. Because I'm German, I have European Jewish in me through my dad; Ashkenazi Jew to be exact. After the Irish, I'm European East, meaning I'm Polish, which I knew from my mom's side. With 17%, I'm Italian/Greek. I know I'm Italian, I mean I talk about it all the time on here. I highly doubt I'm Greek though. There's no traces of Greece in my mom's family at all. With 1%, I'm Finnish and Swedish. I highly doubt I'm from Northwest Russia, but I know I'm Swedish through my dad. Finland owned Sweden back in the 1600/1700;s, so I can see where the Finnish comes in. 

The rest of my ethnicity comes from West Asia. Mainly from the Caucasus region, meaning my family's from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Jordan, Greece, Kuwait, Palestine, Romania, and Turkmenistan. I have no idea where my family comes from here. I have a feeling it's through my Jewish line and I have a feeling I'm Turkish. I don't know why, it just makes sense. I know it's not Iran, Iraq, or any other country like that. Finally, I have a little bit of Middle Eastern in me, meaning my family comes from Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman, Yemen, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Israel, Iran, and Pakistan. 

I have feeling my family comes from Israel. Again, I don't why, it just makes sense. I know my West Asian lines comes from my dad's side, via the Jewish line. I have a lot of researching to do. I really want to know more about my Jewish roots and where my family comes from. 

xx Courtney 

2 comments:

  1. Have you found anything out in regards to your Jewish Roots? Our family my mom's side is last name Perella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get LA Times Crossword Answers to solve the puzzle easily.

    ReplyDelete