Thursday, August 11, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday

A few days ago, I received a message from a distant cousin of mine who said he was the grandson of my gg great aunt, Eva Vaccaro. So, after we talked a bit, he told me he had letters from my gg grandparents, Natale and Mary Vaccaro to my gg great aunt. So here is one of the two letters, he sent me.

The letter was written by my gg grandmother, Mary (Eva's sister in law). It says:

335 Humbdolt Street
Brooklyn, NY
Aug. 28, 1941

Dear Sister and Sister-in-law,

Received you letter and was glad to hear that everyone is fine. The weather out here isn't so nice as we hoped it would be but it is better than having those heat waves. We were very sorry to hear that Vito ran over his baby and that Tony is ill. We also hope that your knee is much better. 


Your brother and sister in law, 


Natale and Mary Vaccaro


On the back:


PS. Don't forget to let us know when you are coming down to see us. 


I loved reading my gg grandmother's handwriting and seeing what she was thinking or doing back in 1941. I don't know who Vito is, but I feel bad for him and his baby. The only Vito we have in the family, is Natale's nephew. He had kids but all them lived and none died at a young age. And for Tony, the only "Tony" I can think of is Natale's brother in law and Vito's father. I'm going to show this to my grandfather to see if he can shed any light on the letter and all.

Next letter, will be next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment