Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Morris Lesser's Death Certificate

So a few weeks ago I ordered my ggg grandfather, Morris Lesser's, death certificate. It took forever to come but today it finally arrived in the mail. I was so happy to get it! Anyway, here it is:

Name: Moses Lesser (He went by 2 different names; Morris and Moses)
Birthplace: Germany
Age: 81yrs
Place of death: 413 East 180th Street
Married, Widowed, Single: Widowed (Dora died in 1908)
Occupation: They don't list it but I know he was a barber

Father's name: Michael
Birthplace: Germany
Mother's name: Bertha Leizer*
Birthplace: Germany

I hereby certify that I attended the deceased from August 16th, 1909 to August 19th, 1909, that I last saw him alive on the 18th day of August 1909, that he died on the 19th day of August 1909 at 4 A.M, and that to the best of my knowledge and belief the cause of death was as follows: acute gastro enteritis.

Place of Burial: Maimonides Cemetery
Date of Burial: August 22, 1909

*Leizer happens to be my gg grandmother Dora's (Moses' wife) maiden name. I found it interesting that Bertha and Dora both have the same maiden name. Who knows, maybe there's a relationship there or maybe it's just a coincidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment