Sunday, October 18, 2009

SNGF: A Family's Increase

1) Pick one of your four great-grandparents - if possible, the one with the most descendants.

2) Create a descendants list for those great-grandparents either by hand or in your software program.

3) Tell us how many descendants, living or dead, are in each generation from those great-grandparents.

4) How many are still living? Of those, how many have you met and exchanged family information with? Are there any that you should make contact with ASAP? Please don't use last names of living people for this - respect their privacy.

I chose my great grandparents Henry Lesser (1895-1954) and his wife Catherine (O'Brien) Lesser (1898-1993).

Children = 6 (3 living, 3 deceased)
Grandchildren = 15 (12/*11 living, 3/*4 deceased)
Great Grandchildren = 19 (all living)
Great Great Grandchildren = 7/**8 (all living)
GGG Grandchildren = 0

I've met:
Living children: 2 out of 3
Deceased children: 1 out of 3 (2 of them died before I was born)
Living grandchildren: 5 out of 12/*11
Deceased grandchildren: 0 out of 3/*4
Living g grandchildren: 6 out of 12
Living gg grandchildren: 1 out of 7/**8

I've exchanged information (over email) with my dad's cousin's wife, Linda who lives in CA, and I have gotten in contact with some of the great grandchildren who live in CA over Facebook. And I've exchanged information with my grandmother.

*Note: My family and I don't know the whereabouts of my dad's cousin, Robert. He could be married with children but we don't know and he could be either living or dead.
**Note: My family and I, again, don't know the whereabouts of my cousin, Jennifer. She mostly likely is still living but we don't know if she's married with children or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment