Monday, July 27, 2009

Death of James M. Ferris

This article is from the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, published on July 1, 1895. It says that James M. Ferris, age 76, died from his son, Thomas, forcing him to take alcohol while unconscious. It also says that Thomas, who practically killed his father, is confined to the county jail.

I was searching the Brooklyn Daily Eagle for any family members and I came across this article about James M. Ferris. Now, Ferris is my gg grandmother's maiden name. Her father is Thomas Ferris. Since it mentioned a Thomas, I figured it could be my ggg grandfather, Thomas.

Actually, the last name, Ferris caught my attention. I figured maybe this James is a relative of mine. When I was reading further, it mentioned James's son Thomas. That name alone caught my interest and made me question whether or not this is my ggg grandfather. I have yet to find out if this is my ggg grandfather Thomas. And I have yet to find out if James is my gggg grandfather. Who knows maybe it is. If it is its pretty cool to finally find someone in the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment