Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Joseph Lindner....

I finally found you. On a death record that is. (One that took forever to come in the mail but finally arrived today). I was kind of hoping to find out who is second wife was. I know her first name, Amelia, but I don't know her last name. But since Joseph died in 1908, they don't record the spouse on the death record at that time. Unlike Mary Nalewalski who died 1948, they list the spouse, who notified the funeral home, etc. They recorded like everything.

But I should really stop rambling on how theres not enough information on the death record and just be grateful that I have something documenting he was alive (and died) and who his parents were. Anyway, heres what the record says (I'm going to try my best reading it since its scribbly and hard to read) (Note: question marks mean I don't know what it says):

Name: Joseph Lindner
Gender: Male
Color: White
Place of Death: Grand Street and Prosepect Ave., Elmhurst, ? (I know it was in NY but it doesn't look like NY next to Elmhurst. It says something else)
Age: 71 yrs. 14 Days
Married/Divorced/Widowed: Widowed (that makes sense since Amelia died in 1905)
Character of premises: Tenement
Occupation: ?
Birthplace: Germany
How long residing in NYC: 28 yrs
Fathers Name: Joseph Linder (another Joseph as a grandparent for me; I think I'm going to keep track of how many Joseph's I have as grandparents; its probably a lot)
Birthplace: Germany
Mothers Name: Emily Drobinski
Birthplace: Germany

I hereby certify I attended deceased from Mar 29, 1908 to April 1 1908. That I last saw him alive on the 1st of April 1908, that he died on the 1st of April 1908, about 7 o'clock AM, and that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the cause of his death was as follows: ? (I'm assuming it was pneumonia).

Place of Burial: St. Johns Cemetery
Date of Burial: April 3, 1908
Undertaker: Joseph Urban

No comments:

Post a Comment